Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miscellaneous Internet Items
(05-03-2024, 01:49 AM)claudiaroro Wrote: Hello Guys, I own the site still. I have only visited once in a while but I too feel that most of the people here are not happy with the person the site is dedicated to because they want a different reality than what the subject decided to live for herself.
I wanted to have a place where we could try to be civil and discuss different topics, instead it has devolved into a horrific place where people want to emulate the twitter universe, where they want to hate on what someone else loves and try to convince more people ito hate the stuff too.

So, it's decided. I will close the site.

I will decide soon on a date. I will put a message letting you know.

It's sad that it has been turned into this but the world is full of enough hate to just have one more site trying to feed it even more.

Thanks to all the people that just wanted to talk about the brilliant career of someone that will keep working, even if not at the frequency some "fans" want.

Hi Claudiaroro. 

I go back to 2012 on the imdb site. I remember posters like Twinkie and Montsalish. I remember that crazy troll who bombarded the site. 

The reason I became a fan of Jen was her unmistakable charisma and acting talent. I remember right after the Hunger Games ending, turning to the friend I watched it with, and saying "that lead actress was very, very strong." I immediately became intrigued, and started watching everything she did. Her natural talent was undeniable, even uncanny. But even moreso was her humanity. She was real. Just a genius actress whose personality seemed to never accept that she was actually famous. She acted like I think I would have acted if I magically became famous. She was incorrigible in the best possible way. Just a decent person riding an insane wave of fame. 

As years went by some people left, some passed away, and some unfortunately turned on her for living her life on her own terms. She did not work as much as they wanted, or work with the right people, or maintain the impossible momentum of her early career. It was like she jilted them, or that they thought they had some ownership over her. 

Right now we are having a surpassingly ugly and unhinged cultural moment that puts ordinary cancel culture to sham. Societal madness even. But it will pass. And Jen will still be a brilliant actress with a terrific heart. And I will still be a massive fan. I am even moreso now, if that is possible. She still remains a regular person and her own person. She will continue with her life and career without the teenaged fanclub baggage that she no longer needs and has no reason to pander to. The real fans will still be there, the general audience will still love her, ignoring cancel nonsense, lame as it is, and the social media censors will still wallow in misery, some of whom have been denizens here. 

So thanks to everyone who was a fan of Jen over these years and enjoyed discussing her. Thank you for this forum, which ran its natural course. And thanks mostly to Jen for being such a wonderful actress and fascinating person, which she will continue to be.
[-] The following 5 users Like ihash's post:
  • astadog93512, claudiaroro, Grizbat83, lawrencepedia, pav13
Thanks Claudiaroro for all you do, and everyone who has contributed over the years.  I too remember back to 2012 and the imdb site.  The troll you mentioned ihash was Sockpuppet, or "Socky".  Have not thought of him for years.  Poor guy was always in a tizzy.

As I was looking back on old postings (I am a pack rat and hold on to too much stuff), I came across this posing from mount, ironically from just over 10 years ago, that I think brings things full circle in a way, given the current state of affairs.

[Image: mount-responding-to-i-MDB-hate-I-feel-li...es-her.png]

I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted so many interesting insights that have helped me put Jen's career and adventures into perspective.  I am not in the movie industry, but I suspect some of you are or at least understand it far more than I ever could, and I will miss those perspectives and insights.  I too will remain a staunch Jen fan and will look forward to being thrilled and moved by her portrayals of the human condition in new roles and projects.  And for those of you tin hat wearers, fun fact - I did ask a question of a psychic about Jen's future career and one insight they shared, without prompting, was that she will direct movies at some point.  So there's that.  ;-)

All the best to everyone, and in spite of everything going on, please try to send love and "positive waves" (thanks Oddball) to everyone, especially to those you think are wrong or that you are bitterly opposed to (for now - time has a way of providing new perspectives).  The world can be a beautiful place if we decide to make it so.
[-] The following 4 users Like astadog93512's post:
  • Grizbat83, ihash, lawrencepedia, pav13
I truly don't understand why you have this contempt for fans who criticize her career choices when all she has been delivering is one turd after another. What are we supposed to be fans of exactly? Her existence? This gets more frustrating when she is prone to PR disasters every once and a while despite being off work most of the time. I mean lending support to someone like Amy Schumer's justice? What justice ? Part of her own idea of justice is continuing to bombard civilians and a big no to a ceasefire!! Yes I stopped being a fan a while ago, but I don't blame those who lost respect for her because of this. It was so unnecessary and anyone with enough critical thinking will think the same. 

We don't own Jennifer Lawrence, we don't want to mold her into whatever we want. But she doesn't have an interesting career anymore and that's all her own doing and a lot of us can't help but criticize it. If she had stopped working altogether, one might understand, but Star and produce the mediocre work she has been in lately? Please....I personally hate wasted potential, and she wasted hers. She was the most interesting actress to grace the screens who combined critical success and box office numbers all at once, yet she threw all of that away as quickly as it all came. No one is asking for the early 2010s to come back, but still, what are these horrible career choices she is making for herself now?

At the end of the day we are different people and everyone moves on. Being fans of Lawrence is not an interesting thing to have on the side anymore, at least for me and others. Claudia will do what she pleases with the forum and I hope to at least maintain some form of contact with particular fans I care about.

I wish everyone the best of luck. I am not a negative Nancy in real life, I swear. It's just that Jennifer kinda brings that out of me since she has been making bad choices since 2015. I couldn't help myself but voice my opinions. I know It annoyed some of you. But look at it now, wasn't I right after all about where her career was heading?
[-] The following 1 user Likes HasW's post:
  • Grizbat83
Again, please. You are such a cancer on this board that you cannot even let people reminisce without your useless two cents. And not getting into politics again, but the idea that you lecture people about justice when you side with a genocidal terrorist organization, take its claims at face value, refuse to blame it for anything, and libel people who aren't terrorist apologists (show me where Amy or anyone other than Hamas said they want to bomb civilians, who Hamas literally uses as shields). But then on top of that you libel Jen by twisting an innocuous statement. And a ceasefire does not mean Hamas, which promises more 10/7 attacks and just yesterday said it had the right to murder civilians, stays in power. You are so ignorant and conformist to fads that you have a position that is equivalent to siding with al-Qaeda or ISIS and you think you have a clue. 
Like I said, the less "fans" like you, the better. And Jen will sail right through.
Cancer? Well thats offensive! Blind stanning is nuts! Lol you're taking things way too personally in a hateful manner. But that's fine. I am sure the past couple of days weren't easy on you, so I am going to cut you some slack.
(05-03-2024, 02:07 PM)HasW Wrote: Cancer? Well thats offensive! Blind stanning is nuts! Lol you're taking things way too personally in a hateful manner. But that's fine. I am sure the past couple of days weren't easy on you, so I am going to cut you some slack.

Lol. Thanks for sparing us all one of your patented pointless, incoherent, filibustering replies that no one reads. 

Actually things have been very easy on me. Jen will be fine. And the irrelevant people that libeled her online for something inncocous are just a sign of the times that will burn off quickly enough while Jen continues her career unimpeded. I just did not expect that some people on this board were such weak minded morons, even you. Smile
Wow. Continue showing your true colors. Everyone is a moron but you since you are clearly a zionist. That's their line of thinking and yours matches it. If you think people who support a ceasefire are ISIS supporters or don't think that Hamas made a huge mistake on October 7th, then what can I tell you? I guess Palestinian children s lives don't mean much to you and you support a continuous bloodshed. You are disgusting, and if Jennifer does have the same beliefs you have, then oh boy were we all fooled! I still hope she doesn't despite me being not a fan. Because what you're sharing right now is flat out criminal.

Also, you clearly read my replies throughout the Years, and I was right about Jennifer having no real interesting career anymore, that's why your feelings are hurt and you're bashing everyone left and right now that you know Claudia is intending to close the forum down. I can still ban you and spare everyone your hurtful replies, but I won't bother because my own relationship with the forum is done anyways. Good luck being an awful human being. I really didn't think you were this awful. Wow.
Pot meet kettle. About as incoherent as expected. Quite a thing to feign caring about innocents while never holding the terror group that uses them as canon fodder accountable and demanding an outcome that it stay in power. Bc anyone who disagrees is a "zionist" and wants to kill children. Loll. Dumb, miserable, ignorant and bigoted is no way to go through life. I guess that ship sailed. Anyway, your pathetic insults are wind. But I know you need the last word. So....Smile
I came aboard in the old IMDb days.  Remember sock-puppet and a few other trolls.  I always believed that people like them were why IMDb shut down the comments sections.

I remember Mountsalish, too. RIP, what a wonderful person.  She always was kind and had great insight. Though I have to say I was not a Twinkie fan.  If you disagreed with her, she came at you personally.  A thin-skinned know-it-all; if she had stuck around when you guys made the move, I wouldn't have.  

Sorry I've been doing little more than lurking in recent years.  Jen's hiatus, my life, and my career have limited my involvement.

Claudiaroro, TPF1138 (Tony), Priyanka, HasW, ihash, Jlawfilms, lostindc, lawrencepedia, sunworshipper, and so many others: I'm sorry this is ending.  Thanks for everything; I'll miss you all.

Griz
[-] The following 4 users Like Grizbat83's post:
  • astadog93512, claudiaroro, ihash, JLfilms