Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Actresses & Actors Discussion
I don't know how I feel about it all. But I don't like that everyone is clowning on Olivia even if she did bring it upon herself. The more I think about it, the more I feel like she was just being fake in a fake industry where everyone is fake all the time. Who cares. Bigsmile

I can't shake the feeling that Shia never would have released any video if a male director insinuated he was fired, he just would have let it go. And I HIGHLY doubt Florence would display this level of "fuck you" energy to a popular male director. Also, everyone is acting like Olivia is a really shitty director when the reviews seem to say her directing is good, the script and story idea was bad.
Lots of attention for a nothing film...I am sick of all of them already!  lol

Yes, I do agree that Olivia is facing a lot of sexism in the process. She in the wrongs, no doubt about it. But people are looking for the tiniest things to vilify her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HasW's post:
  • priyanka969
Yes, exactly! Like look at the difference between what Olivia did and everything Shia has not only been accused of but admitted to?!

I also think it is weird that people want this to be black and white with a villain (Olivia) and an angel (Florence). I think Florence was smart with how she handled it but also, you have to admit she is the one who has been petty about the entire thing. She was smart but petty. Olivia has always spoken very highly of her. Florence was the one not promoting the movie on social media. THAT is what started the gossip. Then she publicly stated that she didn't like how the movie was being promoted. Then she declined to comment on an interview Olivia did. Then the gossip got louder. Then the "Miss Flo" video came out. And people are acting like Olivia said something horrible about Florence in it, which she....didn't. There was a vibe to what she said but it's not a big deal when taken in the context of Florence not having a problem with Shia after all.

And yes, ALL for a mediocre movie.  Bigsmile
(09-06-2022, 11:51 AM)priyanka969 Wrote: Yes, exactly! Like look at the difference between what Olivia did and everything Shia has not only been accused of but admitted to?!

I also think it is weird that people want this to be black and white with a villain (Olivia) and an angel (Florence). I think Florence was smart with how she handled it but also, you have to admit she is the one who has been petty about the entire thing. She was smart but petty. Olivia has always spoken very highly of her. Florence was the one not promoting the movie on social media. THAT is what started the gossip. Then she publicly stated that she didn't like how the movie was being promoted. Then she declined to comment on an interview Olivia did. Then the gossip got louder. Then the "Miss Flo" video came out. And people are acting like Olivia said something horrible about Florence in it, which she....didn't. There was a vibe to what she said but it's not a big deal when taken in the context of Florence not having a problem with Shia after all.

This is how I feel about florence too, she's not the saint people are making her out to be, in fact she's such a shady person. The olivia backlash really remind me of Jlaw's backlash when she said she was a republican (not that jlaw is ever going to lie like olivia). 

What Olivia did was dumb but she's not a criminal the way people are treating her.
Everyone was feeling sorry for Olivia after Jason served her papers while she was on stage. That turned out real quick when the find out about the video. It the fact she trying to take credit for supporting FKA twigs by fired Shia. Because the lawsuit seriously and the trial is set April 2023. I see that people are comparing her to Amber Heard which is real excessive. With all the allegations assault that he is accused of didn’t stop for being cast another movie. I think Hollywood is getting so any change if not lager backlash against him like Arnie Hammer he will still be back work.
(09-06-2022, 12:15 PM)Jlawfilms Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 11:51 AM)priyanka969 Wrote: Yes, exactly! Like look at the difference between what Olivia did and everything Shia has not only been accused of but admitted to?!

This is how I feel about florence too, she's not the saint people are making her out to be, in fact she's such a shady person. The olivia backlash really remind me of Jlaw's backlash when she said she was a republican (not that jlaw is ever going to lie like olivia). 

What Olivia did was dumb but she's not a criminal the way people are treating her.

Well, I don't think she's a shady person. But people seem to be infantilizing her or viewing her as this poor little victim or lamb who Olivia was SO mean to. Florence is a grown woman who acted with agency. She chose to be petty. A lot of the gossip around this movie began with her behavior. Was it badass of her to act the way she did? Yeah, I think so. I really like the way she carried herself throughout it all. But was it also unprofessional and maybe immature? Yup.  Bigsmile  Both can be true.

But again, would she bring that kind of "fuck you" energy to a male director who screwed her over? I really think Shia and Florence got bold because they simply don't respect Olivia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes priyanka969's post:
  • claudiaroro
Quentin Tarantino Isn’t Impressed With Actors Who Appear In Marvel Films: ‘They’re Not Movie Stars’

Quote:“Part of the Marvel-ization of Hollywood is… you have all these actors who have become famous playing these characters. But they’re not movie stars. Right? Captain America is the star. Or Thor is the star. I mean, I’m not the first person to say that. I think that’s been said a zillion times, you know, but, you know, but it’s like, you know, it’s these franchise characters that become a star.”

Scorsese says Marvel movies aren't cinema. Tarantino says Marvel actors aren't movie stars.

Tom Hanks kind of dissed Chris Evans when he said why did they even recast Lightyear? Why would they make that decision?

I am kind of starting to feel bad for actors like Evans and Holland. Imagine having legends in the industry just completely disrespecting you at every turn. I agree with what they're saying but it's getting mean now.  Giggle

ETA: Timothee also told everybody that Leo advised him not to do superhero movies so that was another public diss.  Angel
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar...eauty.html

I know there is not a lot going on so I came across this news. I thought it was ridiculous at first but after I thought about it I kind of believed it a little. I bring it because Margot and Jennifer have the same stylist , Kate young. It is not to make which actresses have better style arguments but to show that everyone of actresses have images they want to be as seen. I believe Margo has been sexualized in her movies so much that when she one the red carpet she wants to cover up or choose a less appealing dress. Then Kate tries to style her around What she chose. When it was announced that Kate was going to be Jen's stylist I remember some of you guys were not happy about it. I never pay attention to celebrity stylists so I look up Kate and I agree that some of the  dresses are horrible and others are knocks out the park especially for Dakota Johnson. At the end of the day stylists are working for their clients so they have to do what the celebrities want. Also as we know some have to wear the brand they represent so the stylist choice can be limited. I see Jen wearing a lot of black dress which is her favourite colour in the Causeway red carpet and interview. Kate again takes their orders styling them and may push them to express themselves. In my opinion it is one of the reasons why she is a stylist.
I don't think that makes sense because if Margot didn't want to be overtly sexualized she could simply choose roles where she was not sexualized. I think she likes what she wears and views it as stylish and everyone else disagrees. Bigsmile  She has had a few great moments - I loved her brownish-orange gown for the OUATiH premiere and her gold dress for the Oscars years ago. Also, a black dress she wore to the Oscars a long time ago with red lipstick and her blonde hair in a bob. Those are my faves. But overall, I just don't think she is stylish. As in, she doesn't care about fashion and will wear whatever because she sees it as a job.

I used to think that about Jen though. I like what she wears a lot of the time now but early on, even though she is obviously beautiful, I felt like a lot of her red carpet looks were not great. Bigsmile Maybe she just wore what people wanted her to wear or maybe she thought it was funky and interesting. Or she didn't care so she put on whatever Dior gave her and did whatever makeup her artist wanted to do. She even said now she hates her pixie cut looking back. I think she is very stylish now though. So, the criticism may get to Margot and she may switch things up.
When is Jen going to picket for SAG?
Perhaps some day. Or maybe no day. We know she's very supportive if the cause though even if she doesn't actually join in. 
So far there doesn't seem to be a ton of Jen-sized actors showing up in the streets. But I'm sure most of them are pro-strike too. Might be due to logistical reasons, like security. Could also be a bit of a "they make 20 million a movie and they show up to ask for more" kind of nonsense that might be sticking in some peoples eyes too. I don't really know. But, it'll be up to her. She's been vocal in her support so it's fine with whatever really.